Click the button below to register now!
The Hero Half Marathon is a scenic, chip-timed, point-to-point race originating at beautiful Lake Fayetteville on Fayetteville’s north side. Racers will be shuttled to the race start before winding their way through the green heart of this charming college town on extensive multi-use trails that make up part of the Razorback Regional Greenway, a world-class trail system linking six communities. Racers will experience a safe, fun, well-marked, well-supported race that culminates with formidable Never Quit Hill. The race finishes at Fire Station One in historic downtown Fayetteville where participants will be greeted with a festival-like atmosphere that includes music, food trucks, a beer garden, local vendors, sponsor booths, and activities for children. The race coincides with Fire Safety Awareness week, and includes a 9/11 Memorial to commemorate the sacrifices made then and now by firefighters, law enforcement, and first responders. Proceeds support organizations that meet important community needs, celebrate an active lifestyle, and honor the heroes in our everyday lives.
Sunday, October 15, 2016
Half Marathon Race Packet
- Chip Timing
- Tech tee
Half Marathon Pricing
Half Marathon: $65.00
1st price increase: $70.00 on Aug 7th
2nd price increase: $75.00 on Sept 7th
Sign up by Friday, September 15 @ 11:59 pm CST to guarantee a race t-shirt
Registration cutoff is Friday, October 13 @ 11:59 pm CST
- Post-race festivities will be held in the Walton Arts Center parking lot in historic downtown Fayetteville. Paid parking will be available in the parking deck located directly South of the Walton Arts Center.
- Register or purchase your tech tee by September 23rd to guarantee a race t-shirt.
- Additional shirts can be purchased during registration for $15.00.
- If you are a professional firefighter running our race, be sure to register accordingly. Professional firefighters will get a red race shirt.
- If you do not wish to receive a race t-shirt and prefer that more of your entry fee is dedicated to the race beneficiaries, please choose “No Thanks” in the t-shirt size drop down list.
- There are a few questions that must be answered to complete registration related to accommodations and dining. We are gathering this information for A&P Commission grant reporting purposes. Your responses are confidential and will not be used for any other purposes and will be discarded after report submission.
Race Day Itinerary
- 6:00-7:00am: Race day packet pickup (will be closing at 8:00 sharp!)
- 7:00 am: Shuttle leaves from the Walton Art Center parking lot on the corner of Dickson Street and West Street
- 7:45: Honor guard ceremony (Lake Fayetteville)
- 8:00 am Half marathon start time (Lake Fayetteville)
- Until 12:00pm: Post-race festivities and awards
Packet PickupDetails TBD
- 9/11 Memorial
- Fire safety awareness fair
- Local vendors and sponsor booths
- Food trucks
- Beer garden
- Music and kids’ activities
- Medals and giveaways