Registration will open in January 2018
The Hero Half Marathon is a scenic, chip-timed, point-to-point race originating at beautiful Lake Fayetteville in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Runners wind their way through the green heart of this charming college town on extensive, paved multi-use trails that make up part of the Razorback Regional Greenway, a world-class trail system linking six communities. Racers will experience a safe, fun, well-marked, well-supported race. The race finishes near Fire Station One in historic downtown Fayetteville where participants will be greeted with a festival-like atmosphere that includes music, food, a beer garden, local vendors, sponsor booths, and activities for children. The race coincides with Fire Safety Awareness week and includes a 9/11 Memorial to commemorate the sacrifices made then and now by firefighters, law enforcement, and first responders. Proceeds support organizations that meet important community needs, celebrate an active lifestyle, and honor the heroes in our everyday lives.
2019 Race Date TBA
Starting Line Partner:
We’re thrilled to continue working with Lokomotion Family Fun Park for our starting line to this scenic point-to-point race. The opening ceremony, race start, and a mid-course water/aid station will all take place at Lokomotion. BONUS: Indoor space and restrooms to stay warm during inclement weather!
Half Marathon Race Packet
– Chip Timing
– Long-sleeved Tech Tee (2018 Examples Below)
– Goodies and discounts
Half Marathon Pricing
Half Marathon: starts at $65.00
1st price increase: $70.00 in July 2019
2nd price increase: $75.00 in August 2019
3rd price increase: $80.00 in September 2019
Sign up by Friday, September 13 @ 11:59 pm CST to guarantee a race t-shirt
Online Registration cutoff is Thursday, October 10 @ 11:59 pm CST
– The Hero Half Marathon uses Fayetteville’s paved trail system, only a small part of the race is on roads
– This is a point-to-point race. We recommend parking at the Finish Line in downtown Fayetteville (details to arrive in race week email) and take the shuttle to the Starting Line at Lokomotion Family Fun Park.
– Early AM packet pickup, Shuttle pick-up, and Post-race festivities will all be held in the parking lot on the southwest corner of Dickson Street and West Avenue in historic downtown Fayetteville. Paid parking is available in the City of Fayetteville Parking Deck on Spring Street (one block east of the Finish Line Festival).
– Register or purchase your tech tee by September 13, 2019, to guarantee a race t-shirt. (Don’t worry! We will order extra shirts but we can no longer guarantee your size if you registered AFTER September 13.)
– Additional shirts can be purchased at registration for $35.00. Shirts must be picked up onsite on Race Day. Additional shirts may be available on Race Day.
– FIREFIGHTER PERKS: Professional firefighters will get a specific race shirt and receive a discount code. Check out our Firefighter Challenge to be eligible for additional prizes and recognition. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
– If you do not wish to receive a race t-shirt and prefer that more of your entry fee is dedicated to the race beneficiaries, please choose “No Thanks” in the t-shirt size drop-down list.
– There are a few questions that must be answered to complete registration related to accommodations and dining. We are gathering this information for Experience Fayetteville/A&P Commission grant reporting purposes. Your responses are confidential and will not be used for any other purposes.
Race Day Itinerary
– 6:00-7:15 am: Race day packet pickup at Finish Line
– 6:00 am: Shuttles begin to leave from the parking lot on the corner of Dickson Street and West Street
– 7:30: LAST Shuttle that guarantees you’ll get to the Starting Line on time leaves (Shuttles will continue for spectators and relay participants, but this is the last shuttle half marathon participants and first leg relay participants can take.) Full Shuttle Schedule will be published on race week.
– 7:45: Honor guard ceremony, National Anthem, and Warm-up (Lokomotion Family Fun Park)
– 8:00 am Half Marathon STARTS (Lokomotion Family Fun Park)
– 9:00 am Finish Line Festival and Columbus House Brewery Beer Garden open in conjunction with Fayetteville Fire Department’s Annual Family Fire Safety Fair
– 10:30 am: Awards Ceremony
– Until 12:00 pm: Post-race festivities
- – 9/11 Memorial
- – Family Fire Safety Week
- – Local vendors and sponsor booths
- – Food trucks
- – Beer garden
- – Music and kids’ activities
- – Medals and giveaways (check out the 2018 medal below)
The Hero Half Marathon is a point-to-point race. After parking downtown near the finish line, participants will be shuttled to the Starling Line near Lake Fayetteville at Lokomotion Family Fun Park. The shuttle service will be provided for all participants of the half marathon. The shuttle will leave from the parking lot at the corner of Dickson Street and West Avenue. Racers are also welcome to provide their own transport; however, there is very limited parking near the Starting Line. Post-race festivities will also be held in the Dickson St./West Ave. parking lot in historic downtown Fayetteville. Paid parking is available in the City of Fayetteville Parking Deck on Spring Street (one block east of the Finish Line Festival).