Click the button below to register starting on January 8, 2018!
The Hero Half Marathon is a scenic, chip-timed, point-to-point race originating at beautiful Lake Fayetteville on Fayetteville’s north side. Racers will be shuttled to the race start before winding their way through the green heart of this charming college town on extensive multi-use trails that make up part of the Razorback Regional Greenway, a world-class trail system linking six communities. Racers will experience a safe, fun, well-marked, well-supported race that culminates with formidable Never Quit Hill. The race finishes at Fire Station One in historic downtown Fayetteville where participants will be greeted with a festival-like atmosphere that includes music, food trucks, a beer garden, local vendors, sponsor booths, and activities for children. The race coincides with Fire Safety Awareness Week and includes a 9/11 Memorial to commemorate the sacrifices made then and now by firefighters, law enforcement, and first responders. Proceeds support organizations that meet important community needs, celebrate an active lifestyle, and honor the heroes in our everyday lives.
Sunday, October 14, 2018
Starting Line Partner:
We’re thrilled to continue working with Lokomotion Family Fun Park for our starting line to this scenic point-to-point race. The opening ceremony, race start, and a mid-course water/aid station will all take place at Lokomotion. BONUS: Indoor space and restrooms to stay warm during inclement weather!
Half Marathon Race Packet
- Chip Timing
- Tech tee
- Goodies and discounts
Half Marathon Pricing
Half Marathon: $65.00
1st price increase: $70.00 on July 15, 2018
2nd price increase: $75.00 on August 15, 2018
3rd price increase: $80.00 on September 15, 2018
Sign up by Friday, September 14 @ 11:59 pm CST to guarantee a race t-shirt
Online Registration cutoff is Friday, October 12 @ 11:59 am CST
- Post-race festivities will be held in the parking lot on the southwest corner of Dickson Street and West Avenue in historic downtown Fayetteville. Paid parking is available in the City of Fayetteville Parking Deck on Spring Street (one block east of the Finish Line Festival).
- Register or purchase your tech tee by September 14, 2018, to guarantee a race t-shirt.
- Additional shirts can be purchased at registration for $35.00. Shirts must be picked up onsite on Race Day. Additional shirts may be available on Race Day.
- FIREFIGHTER PERKS: Professional firefighters will get a specific race shirt and receive a discount code. Check out our Firefighter Challenge to be eligible for additional prizes and recognition. Email email@example.com for more information.
- If you do not wish to receive a race t-shirt and prefer that more of your entry fee is dedicated to the race beneficiaries, please choose “No Thanks” in the t-shirt size drop-down list.
- There are a few questions that must be answered to complete registration related to accommodations and dining. We are gathering this information for Experience Fayetteville/A&P Commission grant reporting purposes. Your responses are confidential and will not be used for any other purposes.
Race Day Itinerary
- 5:30-7:00 am: Race day packet pickup at Finish Line (will be closing at 7:00 am sharp!)
- 6:30 am: Shuttles begin to leave from the parking lot on the corner of Dickson Street and West Street
- 7:45: Honor guard ceremony (Lokomotion Family Fun Park)
- 8:00 am Half marathon start time (Lokomotion Family Fun Park)
- 9:00 am Finish Line Festival and Columbus House Brewery Beer Garden open
- Until 12:00 pm: Post-race festivities and awards
Rush Running – Fayetteville Location
1618 N. College Avenue
Fayetteville, AR 72703
- 9/11 Memorial
- Family Fire Safety Week
- Local vendors and sponsor booths
- Food trucks
- Beer garden
- Music and kids’ activities
- Medals and giveaways